Dietitian4kids is committed to safeguarding the privacy of my clients and website visitors in compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018. This is reflected in the way I collect, store and use information.
When do I collect data?
- Dietitian4kids website collects log data that your internet browser sends eg where you are located, the pages of the website you visit, the time and date of your visit and how much time you spent on the pages visited. I do not collect any personally identifiable information from my website unless you email me directly with an enquiry. My encrypted email responses are password protected and your email is deleted once the enquiry is actioned.
- When booking appointments, your name, telephone number and/or email address, your child’s name, date of birth, address and GP contact information will be held electronically by Healthspace at Bishops Waltham or Spire Hospital Southampton who are GDPR compliant and whose electronic records are password protected.
- During an appointment, your child’s weight, height, relevant medical, dietary and lifestyle data will be collected as part of the assessment process. This data is seen only by myself and with your permission, your GP and referring paediatric consultant if applicable. The data is held on password protected electronic files on my computer and as hard copies locked in a secure facility which is accessible only by me.
What do I do with the data?
- The above data is required for me to do my job effectively. I will not ask for additional data beyond that required for the assessment.
- I do not forward or sell data to any third parties. It is not used for marketing purposes. If you provide a testimonial I will request your permission to use it on my website.
- Your child’s data may be used for in house audit purposes to improve my service to clients but only once identifiable information has been removed.
- You will be provided with a copy of the data I hold on your child, on request.
How long do I hold data?
- Your child’s data will be held for no longer than is legally required: until his/her 25th birthday. At that point, their data will be electronically deleted permanently and hard copies shredded. If however, you wish your child’s data or your own data to be deleted from my records and/or Healthspace and/or Spire records at any time, please contact me directly by email/phone and I will ensure this happens within 72 hours.
- There is a procedure in place for dealing promptly with any disputes / complaints about how your data is managed. Please contact me directly by email/phone for further details if required.